Monday, October 09, 2006

Time well spent

Sometimes I don't update the blog because I can't think of anything to write about, or I haven't done anything worth writing about. Sometimes it's because I'm too busy doing things worth writing about to write anything. The latter is the case more recently. I could recount the events of the past week in great detail but I never feel enthused to do so, my interest waning with the passage of time.

I've decided to provide just a brief summary of recent events:

I bought a new mobile phone on t'internet, and was pleased with it's sleek contours and classy design, until I realised it was a Robbie Williams special edition. The only conceivable thing worse than this would have been a James Blunt themed microwave.

Bootylace dragged me to the local Bannatyne's (unfortunately, not an Irish pub as I was hoping, but the chain of fitness centres owned by the bloke off Dragon's Den) to look into becoming members. This was fine until I found out about the ludicrous monthly fee, and so I had to say that for that reason "I was out."

I went to London with Bootylace for Red's birthday. Had a great time with Troobs and the Urban Cowboy, as well as the aforementioned Mademoiselle Rouge herself. Saturday night was very much Japanese themed as it included a meal at Wagamama (Check out The Waist of Shoelace for a commentary on the weekend's culinary exploits) followed by croonings at Lucky Voice (Karaoke club).

We all watched episode 2 of Studio 60, a series which is just airing in the States that The Troubadour introduced us to (see here for his views on the show). In my own effort to discover cool viewings way before the hoy palloy, I have to offer up Heroes.

I don't think I am doing The Troubadour, Urban Cowboy or myself a disservice by saying that we are all massive geeks. Very cool geeks, but geeks nonetheless. It's early days yet but I'm guessing that this could be the show for us. It's about a guy who is following his deceased father's research about the evolution of the human race (a bit like X-men meets Unbreakable). It features a Japanese office worker who can bend time and space, a comic book writer who can fortell the future, an indestructible cheerleader and an internet stripper who can beat up bad guys with her reflection. I postulate this will be one of the best TV shows ever cancelled after it's second season.

Some other stuff happened too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home