Tuesday, October 17, 2006

At the Ranch

I am off to live and work in Paris for one month. As it's necessary for me to travel from Waterloo, I have imposed myself upon the Urban Cowboy (pictured left), who has very kindly let me stay on his ranch in Wood Green, before I get the train to France.

T'Cowboy also lives with two housemates, SoundManGuy and Frog-Lover. SoundManGuy is a total El Dude Brother, as Frog-Lover would be, if it weren't for her gender, love of the French and her relaxed attitude towards the torture of small animals.

As Urbs was working the other night SoundManGuy invited me to go to Barnet to watch a football match between Chelsea & Arsenal reserves. I'm not really into football, being generally against excercise and all sweating in general, but, as it wasn't me who was doing the sweating, and as long as it was clear I didn't condone that sort of thing, I thought I'd give it a go. The football was alright actually, but what really made it for me was that was one of the player's names was Paul Younghusband. As you probably know, when a player is subbed, they announce it over the loudspeaker, and as they did so, a particularly witty individual was able to retort "Ah-ha-ha! He's got a young husband." Brilliant.

After the game (we left before the end because it was cold) I phoned a local curry house to get them to deliver some eats for me and the soon to arrive Cowboy. I was a little thrown when the bloke on the phone, thinking I was UC himself, started asking me how I was - he obviously knows the cowboy very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home