Thursday, January 04, 2007

Waiting Trebles

I am an impatient man. I hate to wait, and even though we live in a consumer culture, I always find I have to wait for whatever it is I want. I have got my eye on a few shiny trinkets, and the waiting is killing me!

Awesome product 1: G&L JB-2 bass guitar
In August I ordered, from the G&L U.S. factory at Fullerton, a custom hand-built JB-2 Bass finished in blueburst over a maple-topped alder body with a matching headstock, natural bonding and a rosewood fretboard. This is to be the mother of all bass! For those of you who don't know G&L (standing for George Fullerton and Leo Fender) was the company Leo set up in the late 1970s after selling Fender to CBS and Musicman to Ernie Ball. The bass was supposed to take about 18 weeks to build, and I'm still waiting. The only thing is, I guess the longer it takes the better it will be.

Awesome Product 2:Wii entertainment system from Nintendo.
Even when you were a kid you never even entertained the dream of more than one up to date console. Now, as a big kid with a disposable income and already owning an Xbox 360, it could happen. I did consider ordering one some time ago at the same time as Gingerwang and the Troubadour, but thinking about the potential ear-bashing from Bootylace (the wife) I decided to wait until I could sneak one in under cover of darkness. (I am talking about a Wii!) So imagine my frustration when Bootylace (because of whom I decided not to pre-order a Wii) absolutely fell in love with the Troubadour's WES, and would have went 50/50 on one immediately. One problem, the Wii is totally sold out, and we will have to wait goodness knows how long until they are available.

Awesome product 3: Seat Leon Stylance
I've put a deposit down on this car. This thing is amazing, it's like having your own Kit from Night Rider, except without the the swooshy red thing and the sarcasm. Not only does this look the nuts, but it has automatic lights, rain sensitive windscreen wipers and heated spray nozzles and wing mirrors (that fold in when you park). Apart from the usual modern features like Alloys, A/C, MP3, parking sensors, tinted windows, cruise control and so on, it has a bluetooth connection that lets you make calls using the car speakers, allowing you to cycle through your phone book via the steering mounted controls and make calls with voice commands. It has a leather interior, an ipod interface using eight speakers and individually heated seats with lumbar support. The talking car computer even measures the tyre pressure! The rear view mirror has an auto anti-dazzle dimmer, and the car headlights stay on 15 seconds after you lock up so you can find your house key. The one thing it doesn't have is sat-nav, but I may speak to the dealer about that. Course, that will have to wait because it's not available until February!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger the funkhouse said...

that car is awesome, you are naughty, have you told my sister yet? if so, how are your balls?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Shoelace said...

In a sling.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home