Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm a poet but not gay

I thought I might try and write something about my friends - the term poetry might be stretching it a little bit. These are more like limericks. Here's the first couple of attempts:

What a friend indeed is Caroline Mead!
About the Sis of Chris, I must insist:
She's the nicest person you could know,
so not dissimilar to her big Bro.

Does Olivia use Nivea?
Her face is less stressed than years ago,
and smiles now sit where frowns would go.
The furrowed brow has left the head,
was the product the cause
or has she just chilled out instead?

Update on Waist of Shoelace!

3 Comments:

Blogger ofcomputer said...

watch it shoelace, i've always been chilled...!! but thank you very much for the poem, it's awesome ;)

[i don't use nivea and clearly i don't need to start...! ;]

10:17 AM  
Blogger longneck said...

you are gay and you have the gloves to prove it!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Shoelace said...

You speak in such a manner of my handmade black italian leather cashmere lined gloves? Then I strike you across the cheek with one and throw it down as if it were a gauntlet, you japernape! Anyway it is you who are gay.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home