Monday, May 28, 2007

Balls to the Wall

I really haven't felt like blogging for some time now. This blog began as an insane loop of logic in order to force myself to do something so I could write about it, but the upshot is that perhaps it's working and I've been really busy of late. I'm not saying I haven't had time to blog, but I just haven't been inclined to go on about my thoughts or actions in written form. It's probably down to laziness.

It's weird, looking at my friend's blogs and how they differ:

The Troubadour blogs fairly sporadically, mostly about his thoughts and feelings and those odd things he MUST tell us about. His poetic style sometimes makes me cringe, but on the flip-side, the courageousness of his writing often displays the flashes of genius we all know he is capable of.

Urban Cowboy seems to blog EVERYTHING, almost down to a catalogue of his bowel movements. I find myself skim-reading his posts more than the others, but strangely, rather than finding it all rather mundane, I find it extremely fascinating; reading my brother-in-law's take on life, a guy who I thought I knew fairly well, but who still surprises me on a regular basis.

In contrast Ofcomputer is probably the least prolific blogger of us all, and whose focus is somewhat of a mixed bag, although she's often motivated by injustice. She's always been a bit of an enigma to me, her personality I mean, and I probably read her posts more closely than the others in order to gain an insight into her blurry character. Perhaps it's the Silent Bob effect - frequent silence lends a profundity to the few words uttered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home